- Topless dairy industry protesters crashed the stage at a Bernie Sanders rally February 17, 2020Protesters calling for Sen. Bernie Sanders to cut his support for the dairy industry crashed his Carson City, Nevada rally on Sunday afternoon. One protester grabbed a microphone to say she was Sanders' "biggest supporter" but pleaded that he "stop pumping up the dairy industry." While she was speaking, three topless women took the […]
- AI IN BANKING: Artificial intelligence could be a near $450 billion opportunity for banks — here are the strategies the winners are using February 17, 2020This is a preview of the AI IN BANKING research report from Business Insider Intelligence. 14-Day Risk Free Trial: Get full access to this and all Fintech industry research reports. Discussions, articles, and reports about the AI opportunity across the financial services industry continue to proliferate amid considerable hype around the technology, and for g […]
- Topless dairy industry protesters crashed the stage at a Bernie Sanders rally February 17, 2020
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Coronavirus: Americans from quarantined cruise ship flown from Japan February 16, 2020Some 400 people from the US were among those confined on the Diamond Princess near Tokyo.
- Major incidents declared after UK storm flooding February 16, 2020People are rescued from flooded homes in Wales, and there are a record number of flood warnings and alerts in England.
- Uganda's Queen of Katwe star Nikita Pearl Waligwa dies aged 15 February 16, 2020The child actress in the 2016 Disney film about a Ugandan chess prodigy had a brain tumour.
- Coronavirus: Americans from quarantined cruise ship flown from Japan February 16, 2020
- Cooper Hewitt Chief Was Forced Out After Probe of Her Wedding February 14, 2020Caroline Baumann resigned as director of the design museum following an investigation into how she procured her wedding dress and the space for the ceremony.Robin Pogrebin
- The Wild, Anti-Authoritarian Art of Peter Saul February 13, 2020The painter’s biting critiques shape his five-decade retrospective at the New Museum.Holland Cotter
- Empathy and Artistry: Rediscovering Dorothea Lange February 13, 2020Her indelible images came to represent the Great Depression. Now a revelatory exhibition at MoMA confirms her place in the pantheon of American photographers.Arthur Lubow
- Cooper Hewitt Chief Was Forced Out After Probe of Her Wedding February 14, 2020
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of nightelfdruid | thelooplook | uracontra Shaun King speaks on the thuggification of black men
©ourtesy of humansofnewyork Sometimes NOTHING Makes Sense “I’m an unemployed single father, and I feel like I’ve been written out of the economy. I’ve got a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology, but I can’t get a job in teaching, medical writing, or research. They showed us a video in the food stamp office about finding […]
©ourtesy of The Editor My Response. Disappointment. What disappointments me most is how the world so easily misinterprets the atrocities of Humans by isolating a TRAGEDY to one GROUP. In this case, The St. Louis Police Department (I am NOT in defense of anyone involved mind you). Admit-tingly, No Judge or Jury can decide any […]
- New! - Madison Square Garden Special Edition Transformation Time-LapseWatch the iconic sports and entertainment venue, Madison Square Garden, get a major construction transformation from 2011 to 2013. MSG opened its doors in its new Penn Plaza location in 1968. See it Live!
- New! - AgenziaCioni AbetoneThe Cioni agency guarantees you the weather and the situation of the slopes in Abetone in real time thanks to two live webcams in strategic points of the Abetone area.rn See it Live!
- New! - Madison Square Garden Special Edition Transformation Time-Lapse
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 2014Spooky Day
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 56,976 hits
Monthly Archives: November 2013
©ourtesy of stayoverthere machistadoh0pe-and-dream
I’m sorry but nothing will ever top this gif. This is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen and I want to kiss this little pooch.
©ourtesy of vintageblackglamour
“Forgiveness is the Greatest Gift you can Give Yourself”
Here in this photo, we see Dr. Maya Angelou doing a little reading in her dressing room before her performance at the Village Vanguard in New York City. Long before she was a poet and writer and the icon we know today, Dr. Angelou was a dancer and singer of folk and calypso songs (she even recorded an album in 1957 called “Miss Calypso” and appeared in the film “Calypso Heat Wave” that same year. This photo was taken by G. Marshall Wilson, who was a staff photographer at Ebony for 33 years. Photo: Art.com
- Maya Angelou: Forgiveness Is the Answer (abcnews.go.com)
- Toni Morrison Honors Dr Maya Angelou (diamondpublicationz.wordpress.com)
- Angelou’s son tells what it’s like to have a mom like Maya (huffingtonpost.com)
- Maya Angelou accepts Mailer Center lifetime award (sacbee.com)
©ourtesy of wetheurban
ART: Robert Wilson Turns Lady Gaga Into Art at The Louvre
A pop artist as the subject of fine art recreating fine art, which in subject and theory serves as an allegory for the identity of the pop artist. Art and pop happening at the same damn time. – –
- Lady Gaga risqué video portraits unveiled at the Louvre – NSFW (digitalspy.co.uk)
- 10 Things No One Told You About Lady Gaga’s artRave (complex.com)
©ourtesy of entertainmentweekly
On the eve of Doctor Who‘s eagerly awaited 50th Anniversary special — which will be unveiled tomorrow on BBC America at 2:50 p.m. ET — Dr. Britton revealed to us 15 strange and fascinating Doctor Who facts, covering everything from Steven Moffat’s thoughts on Matt Smith’s bowtie to what inspired The Weeping Angels.
Les Vampires – The Deadly Ring/La Bague qui tue (1915)
Les Vampires is a 1915–16 French silent crime serial film written and directed by Louis Feuillade. Set in Paris, it stars Édouard Mathé, Musidora and Marcel Lévesque. The main characters are a journalist and his friend who become involved in trying to uncover and stop a bizarre underground Apache gang, known as The Vampires (who are not the mythological beings their name suggests). The serial consists of ten episodes, which vary greatly in length. Being roughly 7 hours long, it is considered one of the longest films ever made. It was produced and distributed by Feuillade’s company Gaumont. Due to its stylistic similarities with Feuillade’s other crime serials Fantômas and Judex, the three are often considered a trilogy. – – read more on Wikipedia
- Learning About Vampires (costumediscounters.com)
- Femme Fatales of Silent-Cinema – Vintage Photographs (emblah13.wordpress.com)
- Gaumont Celebrates 100-Year Anniversary of ‘Fantomas’ (variety.com)
An uptight, leather-clad female alien, armed with a ray gun and accompanied by a menacing robot, comes to Earth to collect Earth’s men as breeding stock.
Director: David MacDonald : Writers: John C. Mather (play), James Eastwood (play), 1 more credit Stars: Patricia Laffan, Hugh McDermott, Hazel Court |
- Review Round-up: Doctor Who – The Light At The End; Invasion Earth – The Aliens Are Here; Devil Girl From Mars (heropresstwo.blogspot.com)
- [Sci Fi Month] Sci-fi bingo! (studentspyglass.com)
©ourtesy of wonderous-world & stayoverthere
Rescue Ink – a non-profit org
Rescue Ink is a non-profit organization that exists for the advocacy and protection of all animals. Based in New York, the team is compromised of a group of bikers along with an amazing group of volunteers including local police, private investigators, and lawyers. Rescue Ink is all about zero tolerance when it comes to animal abuse – and they’re not afraid to get a little in-your-face to prove it. This group of seemingly tough guys have a soft spot for all creatures and will stop at nothing, within the bounds of the law, to save animals from dire and desperate situations; they rescue fighting dogs, confront animal abusers, work to find abandoned and neglected animals loving homes, and investigate stolen animals.
- Animal Abusers Registry–an idea whose time has come (thepoodleanddogblog.typepad.com)
- Support Positive Steps to Protect Animals (forcechange.com)
- Condemn Principal for Animal Abuse (forcechange.com)
- Animal Crimes and Punishment (wnep.com)
- ACU students hit the streets to raise animal abuse awareness (reporternews.com)
©ourtesy of theniftyfifties
‘The Fuzzy Pink Nightgown’
The Fuzzy Pink Nightgown is a 1957 American comedy film made by Russ-Field Productions and released by United Artists. It was directed by Norman Taurog from a screenplay by Richard Alan Simmons, based on a novel of the same name by Sylvia Tate.
Plot [Would you believe, it actually has one?]: Movie star Laurel Stevens (Russell) has made a new film. It’s called The Kidnapped Bride and gives a brainstorm to a couple of small-time crooks, Mike (Meeker) and Dandy (Wynn), to kidnap Laurel. While they take her to a Malibu beachfront hideout, agent Barney and studio chief Martin can’t figure out why Laurel’s a no-show at the premiere. Gossip columnist Daisy Parker is dying to know, too, so a decision is made to avoid a scandal at all costs and not report Laurel missing to the police. Mike and Dandy want a $50,000 ransom. Laurel is insulted, feeling she’s worth ten times that. Laurel also fears this thing could hurt her career by looking like a publicity stunt. When Los Angeles police sergeant McBride, who once sent Mike to prison, comes to Malibu to do a routine check on him, Laurel alters her appearance and pretends to be Mike’s girl. The studio finally goes to the cops and also offers a $100,000 reward.
©ourtesy of Michael Joseph Gross
In Rome these days the topic of gay clerics in the upper reaches of the Holy See is hard to avoid.
Despite headlines about a powerful “gay lobby” within the Vatican, and a new Pope promising reform, the Catholic Church’s gay cardinals, monks, and other clergy inhabit a hidden netherworld. In Rome, the author learns how they navigate the dangerous paradox of their lives.
Naked but for the towel around his waist, a man of a certain age sat by himself, bent slightly forward as if praying, in a corner of the sauna at a gym in central Rome. I had not met this man before, but as I entered the sauna, I thought I recognized him from photographs. He looked like a priest with whom I’d corresponded after mutual friends put us in touch, a man I had wanted to consult about gay clerics in the Vatican Curia. My friends told me that this priest was gay, politically savvy, and well connected to the gay Church hierarchy in Rome. But this couldn’t be that priest. He had told me that he’d be away and couldn’t meet. Yet as I looked at the man more closely, I saw that it was definitely him. When we were alone, I spoke his name, telling him mine. “I thought you were out of the country,” I said. “How lucky for me: you’re here!” Startled, the priest talked fast. Yes, his plans had changed, he said, but he was leaving again the next day and would return only after I was gone.
- Pope Benedict’s Resignation Linked to Secret Gay Sex Club Inside the Vatican (shepherdspiehole.typepad.com)
- Nsa Spied on Pope! (telegraph.co.uk)