August 2018 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Bitcoin 101: Your essential guide to cryptocurrency August 15, 2018Thomson ReutersBitcoin is everywhere. The cryptocurrency is seemingly in the news every day as investors and businesses try to understand the future of this digital finance. But what is Bitcoin all about?See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:How insurtechs are tackling the notoriously tricky area of life insuranceAlibaba just introduced a sub […]
- Trying to be happy all the time could actually make you more miserable August 15, 2018NBCUniversal A lot of emphasis is placed on thinking positively, especially if you’re going through a difficult time in your life, but if that isn’t working for you, there’s a new study that could explain why. According to new research, only 35% of Americans consider themselves happy, but why isn’t that percentage higher? Trying too hard to be happy can make […]
- Bitcoin 101: Your essential guide to cryptocurrency August 15, 2018
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Italy bridge: Grief and anger over collapse in Genoa August 15, 2018The death toll is now 39 and questions are being asked about whether safety clues were ignored.
- Kabul suicide bomber kills 48 in tuition centre attack August 15, 2018Many of those killed are believed to be teenagers who were preparing for university entrance exams.
- Westminster crash: Salih Khater named as suspect August 15, 2018Salih Khater has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and terror offences.
- Italy bridge: Grief and anger over collapse in Genoa August 15, 2018
- Artist Martin Puryear Chosen for U.S. Pavilion at Venice Biennale August 15, 2018The selection marks the second time in a row that an African-American artist will represent the United States.ROBIN POGREBIN
- Strong Women on the March at Seattle Art Fair August 12, 2018In a city where power, gender and technology converge, artists ask hard questions about diversity.KIRK JOHNSON
- Art Review: Cleveland Triennial Is an Artistic Scavenger Hunt With Civic Pride August 14, 2018At the inaugural Front Triennial, powerful experiences come at a former station on the Underground Railroad and in drawings of gay life in Akron.WILL HEINRICH
- Artist Martin Puryear Chosen for U.S. Pavilion at Venice Biennale August 15, 2018
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of nightelfdruid | thelooplook | uracontra Shaun King speaks on the thuggification of black men
©ourtesy of humansofnewyork Sometimes NOTHING Makes Sense “I’m an unemployed single father, and I feel like I’ve been written out of the economy. I’ve got a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology, but I can’t get a job in teaching, medical writing, or research. They showed us a video in the food stamp office about finding […]
©ourtesy of The Editor My Response. Disappointment. What disappointments me most is how the world so easily misinterprets the atrocities of Humans by isolating a TRAGEDY to one GROUP. In this case, The St. Louis Police Department (I am NOT in defense of anyone involved mind you). Admit-tingly, No Judge or Jury can decide any […]
- New! - Folklife Village on Gabriola IslandThe heart of \'downtown\' Gabriola Island is Folklife Village. From high atop the Village, this camera looks towards North Road and Lochinvar Lane. See it Live!
- New! - CharlevoixCamAerial camera of the Charlevoix Channel, with views of the waterway where you can watch boats and ferries enter and exit the mouth of the channel. See it Live!
- New! - Folklife Village on Gabriola Island
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 2014Spooky Day
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 56,098 hits
Tag Archives: Maya Angelou
Date | Sat: Jun, 7 2014 6:55 AM west (pst) — SatURDAY: Jun, 7 2014 9:30 AM (PST)
| Dr. Maya Angelou’s family has arranged a private memorial service in Wake Forest University’s Wait Chapel on Saturday, June 7 at 10 a.m. (E.S.T.) Due to limited seating capacity, the family has decided to have a closed service for family and friends only. Wake Forest University will livestream the service for the public.
Please join the family and friends of Dr. Maya Angelou through the livestream of her memorial service, Saturday June 7th at 10 a.m. EST. http://new.livestream.com/wfu/angelou
©ourtesy of CNN.COM
HIS DAY IS DONE : HE IS FREE
His day is done. Is done.
The news came on the wings of a wind, reluctant to carry its burden. Nelson Mandela’s day is done.
The news, expected and still unwelcome, reached us in the United States, and suddenly our world became somber. Our skies were leadened.
His day is done.
We see you, South African people standing speechless at the slamming of that final door through which no traveler returns.
Our spirits reach out to you Bantu, Zulu, Xhosa, Boer.
We think of you and your son of Africa, your father, your one more wonder of the world.
©ourtesy of vintageblackglamour
“Forgiveness is the Greatest Gift you can Give Yourself”
Here in this photo, we see Dr. Maya Angelou doing a little reading in her dressing room before her performance at the Village Vanguard in New York City. Long before she was a poet and writer and the icon we know today, Dr. Angelou was a dancer and singer of folk and calypso songs (she even recorded an album in 1957 called “Miss Calypso” and appeared in the film “Calypso Heat Wave” that same year. This photo was taken by G. Marshall Wilson, who was a staff photographer at Ebony for 33 years. Photo: Art.com
- Maya Angelou: Forgiveness Is the Answer (abcnews.go.com)
- Toni Morrison Honors Dr Maya Angelou (diamondpublicationz.wordpress.com)
- Angelou’s son tells what it’s like to have a mom like Maya (huffingtonpost.com)
- Maya Angelou accepts Mailer Center lifetime award (sacbee.com)