March 2019 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- THE EDGE COMPUTING REPORT: How advances in edge computing will address key problems in the healthcare, telecommunications, and automotive sectors March 22, 2019This is a preview of a research report from Business Insider Intelligence, Business Insider's premium research service. To learn more about Business Insider Intelligence, click here. Edge computing solutions are key tools that help companies grapple with rising data volumes across industries. These types of solutions are critical in allowing companies t […]
- Trump supporters celebrate the end of Robert Mueller's Russia investigation and slam 'Collusion Truthers' March 22, 2019Brendan McDermid/Reuters President Donald Trump's supporters celebrated the conclusion of special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation on Friday evening, claiming that the president has been cleared of any collusion charges. Donald Trump Jr., the president's eldest son, simply tweeted "#CollusionTruthers." But investigatio […]
- THE EDGE COMPUTING REPORT: How advances in edge computing will address key problems in the healthcare, telecommunications, and automotive sectors March 22, 2019
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Trump-Russia inquiry: President 'did not conspire with Russia' March 24, 2019Robert Mueller's report finds no evidence of collusion; but does not exonerate Trump of obstruction.
- Ministers rally round embattled PM May March 24, 2019Michael Gove says it is "not the time" to change leader and David Lidington says he is "100% behind" her.
- Norway cruise ship arrives at port after passenger airlifts March 24, 2019Hundreds of passengers were airlifted to safety after the ship got into difficulty on Saturday.
- Trump-Russia inquiry: President 'did not conspire with Russia' March 24, 2019
- Discovered After 70, Black Artists Find Success, Too, Has Its Price March 24, 2019Once on the margins, older African-American artists are suddenly a hot commodity. They are relishing the attention while dealing with the market’s grueling demands.HILARIE M. SHEETS
- Critic’s Pick: Fraught and Fabulous: Art That Shows a Passion for Democracy March 22, 2019Siah Armajani’s career survey at the Met Breuer and public sculpture in Brooklyn Bridge Park offer a portrait of the Iranian artist in exile in America.HOLLAND COTTER
- Guggenheim Museum Says It Won’t Accept Gifts From Sackler Family March 23, 2019The decision, which followed similar moves from British museums, highlights growing unease in the art world over the family’s links to OxyContin and the opioid crisis.LIAM STACK
- Discovered After 70, Black Artists Find Success, Too, Has Its Price March 24, 2019
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of nightelfdruid | thelooplook | uracontra Shaun King speaks on the thuggification of black men
©ourtesy of humansofnewyork Sometimes NOTHING Makes Sense “I’m an unemployed single father, and I feel like I’ve been written out of the economy. I’ve got a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology, but I can’t get a job in teaching, medical writing, or research. They showed us a video in the food stamp office about finding […]
©ourtesy of The Editor My Response. Disappointment. What disappointments me most is how the world so easily misinterprets the atrocities of Humans by isolating a TRAGEDY to one GROUP. In this case, The St. Louis Police Department (I am NOT in defense of anyone involved mind you). Admit-tingly, No Judge or Jury can decide any […]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 2014Spooky Day
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 56,381 hits
Tag Archives: Maya Angelou
Date | Sat: Jun, 7 2014 6:55 AM west (pst) — SatURDAY: Jun, 7 2014 9:30 AM (PST)
| Dr. Maya Angelou’s family has arranged a private memorial service in Wake Forest University’s Wait Chapel on Saturday, June 7 at 10 a.m. (E.S.T.) Due to limited seating capacity, the family has decided to have a closed service for family and friends only. Wake Forest University will livestream the service for the public.
Please join the family and friends of Dr. Maya Angelou through the livestream of her memorial service, Saturday June 7th at 10 a.m. EST. http://new.livestream.com/wfu/angelou
©ourtesy of CNN.COM
HIS DAY IS DONE : HE IS FREE
His day is done. Is done.
The news came on the wings of a wind, reluctant to carry its burden. Nelson Mandela’s day is done.
The news, expected and still unwelcome, reached us in the United States, and suddenly our world became somber. Our skies were leadened.
His day is done.
We see you, South African people standing speechless at the slamming of that final door through which no traveler returns.
Our spirits reach out to you Bantu, Zulu, Xhosa, Boer.
We think of you and your son of Africa, your father, your one more wonder of the world.
©ourtesy of vintageblackglamour
“Forgiveness is the Greatest Gift you can Give Yourself”
Here in this photo, we see Dr. Maya Angelou doing a little reading in her dressing room before her performance at the Village Vanguard in New York City. Long before she was a poet and writer and the icon we know today, Dr. Angelou was a dancer and singer of folk and calypso songs (she even recorded an album in 1957 called “Miss Calypso” and appeared in the film “Calypso Heat Wave” that same year. This photo was taken by G. Marshall Wilson, who was a staff photographer at Ebony for 33 years. Photo: Art.com
- Maya Angelou: Forgiveness Is the Answer (abcnews.go.com)
- Toni Morrison Honors Dr Maya Angelou (diamondpublicationz.wordpress.com)
- Angelou’s son tells what it’s like to have a mom like Maya (huffingtonpost.com)
- Maya Angelou accepts Mailer Center lifetime award (sacbee.com)