- Science says parents of successful kids have these 23 things in common May 23, 2019Clive Rose/Getty Images Good parents want their children to grow up and do amazing things with their lives. While there are several factors that affect a child's development, most of it comes down to the parents. These factors and techniques are a great starting point for every aspiring great parent. Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stori […]
- This $225 clutch folds out flat to reveal a clever organizational system for all your essentials — it can also be worn 4 ways May 23, 2019Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider, Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective. Lux and Nyx The Fan Convertible Clutch ($225) from work-to-play luxury bag brand Lux & Nyx i […]
- Science says parents of successful kids have these 23 things in common May 23, 2019
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Race to be new UK prime minister begins May 25, 2019Four Conservative MPs have already said they want the job - with more expected to follow.
- Trump to clear $8bn Saudi weapons sale over Iran tensions May 24, 2019The president evokes a legal loophole to push through the arms deal without Congressional approval.
- France Lyon: Police appeal after parcel bomb attack hurts 13 May 24, 2019Police hunt for a cyclist after a parcel bomb attack injures at least 13 people in the city of Lyon.
- Race to be new UK prime minister begins May 25, 2019
- ‘The Tale of Genji’ and the Art It Inspired May 24, 2019A show at the Metropolitan Museum is as sumptuous and seductive as the Japanese novel that begot it.Roberta Smith
- Bicycle Diaries: Two Centuries of New York City History May 23, 2019An exhibition at the Museum of the City of New York traces the vehicle’s complex past and present.Julianne McShane
- Virgil Abloh Has Designs on High Culture May 23, 2019He bridged the worlds of streetwear and high fashion. Can he conquer an art museum next?Dan Hyman
- ‘The Tale of Genji’ and the Art It Inspired May 24, 2019
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of nightelfdruid | thelooplook | uracontra Shaun King speaks on the thuggification of black men
©ourtesy of humansofnewyork Sometimes NOTHING Makes Sense “I’m an unemployed single father, and I feel like I’ve been written out of the economy. I’ve got a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology, but I can’t get a job in teaching, medical writing, or research. They showed us a video in the food stamp office about finding […]
©ourtesy of The Editor My Response. Disappointment. What disappointments me most is how the world so easily misinterprets the atrocities of Humans by isolating a TRAGEDY to one GROUP. In this case, The St. Louis Police Department (I am NOT in defense of anyone involved mind you). Admit-tingly, No Judge or Jury can decide any […]
- New! - EarthCam: Lake Norman Wildlife CamEarthCam and the North Carolina Wildlife Federation invite people around the world to explore the outdoors and enjoy views of the colonial waterbirds at Lake Norman with this live streaming webcam! Experience a unique perspective of the breeding and nesting process for the Great Blue Heron. Peer into the nest of the area\'s popular ospreys and watch the […]
- New! - EarthCam: Houston CamEarthCam and the Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria invite people to enjoy incredible views of the Houston skyline with this live streaming webcam. See the city from this unique perspective and spot prominent buildings in the Uptown area, including The Williams Tower and BBVA Compass. See it Live!
- New! - EarthCam: Lake Norman Wildlife Cam
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 2014Spooky Day
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 56,436 hits
Monthly Archives: August 2011
©Courtesy of the niftyfifties.com
- The last Packard [Car History] (jalopnik.com)
- Cubans may finally get to buy new cars (content.usatoday.com)
- Last Chance: ‘Cars, Culture, and the City’ at Museum of the City of New York (nytimes.com)
Nothing like starting the week off with some racism-inspired earrings to decorate these lobes! First, it was plantation weddings, now it’s “slave earrings.” Apparently making a mockery of slavery is so chic these days that Vogue Italia decided to highlight it as the newest fashion craze: Jewelery has always flirted with circular shapes, especially for use in making earrings. The most classic models are the slave and creole styles in gold hoops. If the name brings to the mind the decorative traditions of the women of colour who were brought to the southern Unites States during the slave trade, the latest interpretation is pure freedom Colored stones, symbolic pendants and multiple spheres. And the evolution goes on.
— Read more HERE
Water and batteries can get you through the hurricane—but Oreos and booze may make it more fun! See the funniest photos from Twitter’s latest meme: unorthodox emergency supplies. As Hurricane Irene roars up the East Coast, those who aren”t evacuating are stocking up on the essentials: water, canned food, batteries. But it takes more than that to ride out a storm. You’ve got to see what some People had in mind for their Day of Armageddon. Click!
- Hurricane Irene and Ways to Survive Hurricane Season 2011 Safely (savings.com)
- Funniest Post-Hurricane Irene Tweets So Far (SLIDESHOW) (huffingtonpost.com)
Barbie’S on a very, very tight Budget these days: Here’s a Surprise find for “recession” Barbie.
Crystal Meth Barbie: It ain’t “Pretty these Days“, found out KEN is on the downlow. Barbie poses while “High on Crack“…poor, innocent little thing. She used to look so good and wear such “Purdeee” little dresses. Ain’t LIFE a bitch?
R.I.P. Published this article about STEVE JOBS in Aug. 2011 :: — >10 Unusual Things “James” Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
His father’s name is Abdulfattah Jandali. If you had to ask me what Steve Job’s father’s name was I never in one zillion years would’ve guessed that, and that Steve Jobs biologically was half Syrian Muslim. For some reason I thought he was Jewish. Maybe it’s because I wanted to be him so I projected my own background onto him. His parents were two graduate students who I guess weren’t sure if they were ready for a kid so put him up for adoption and then a few years later had another kid (see above). So I didn’t know he was adopted.
Read more of: James Altucher’s Article
Related Article: Bashing Billionaires
Married couples often tend to engage in all sorts of behavior in an effort to preserve their relationship. Most people tend to pass judgment on such behavior without right. Fact of the matter is, no one cares or should. Such actions are entirely the responsibility of consenting Adults.
- MICHAEL IRVIN: Talks to “OUT” Mag (fernexpress.wordpress.com)
A Tennessee teacher marching to the beat of a different drummer now has to face the music after being caught in a bizarre sexual misadventure. Private music teacher Daniel Torroll was arrested last week after being caught performing a sex act on a doll within view of an elementary school. Cops say they found the 56-year-old naked under a bridge on school property in Spring Hill, Tenn. with a child-like doll that had holes cut in it. Torroll admitted to being in flagrante with the doll, but said he suffers from attention deficit disorder and cannot always control certain sexual impulses. “I happened to be there, but I didn’t know it was school property,” he told WATE-TV in Nashville. “I wouldn’t be there if I knew it was school property.” Torroll – who teaches private music lessons from home – insists his sexual predilections do not involve children. “[Police] came here and looked [through my home]. There was nothing here. There was no child porn. I have two kids myself,” he said. He was issued a citation and was ordered to stay off school property, cops said.
- Music Teacher Jailed After Police Find Him Having Sex With Blow Up Doll Under Bridge (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Nude man arrested for committing lewd acts with Barbie-type doll (obscurestore.typepad.com)
The LGBT audience of that Era embraced as an Outlet
During the 1950s, the paperback as well as the magazines, rocketed in popularity. With the lifting of paper shortages and the collapse of the pulp magazine distribution network, the paperback became the dominant format for Gay and Lesbian fiction publishing. There’s a wide selection of these classic paperbacks, in great shape, from this era, online. What is pulp fiction? Pulp fiction is the popular fiction published on cheap wood pulp paper between 1920 – 1955. The Special Collections Research Center recently acquired an important collection of 1960s and 1970s gay pulp fiction novels issued by local publisher Guild Press. Guild Press was a mail-order paperback book service founded in 1962 by former Georgetown University philosophy professor H. Lynn Womack that specialized in pulp fiction aimed at a gay male readership. These books can be found by searching in the ALADIN catalog. On the other hand, Lesbian Role Distinction in the 1950’s, Sexuality, Social Life, and Public Image are all compiled with a somewhat unique history. But, in lieu of ALL the Studies, Research, Advertising & Progress, Closeted LGBT Men & Women still are bursting at the seams in Closets that remain “Full to Capacity”. Oh well! Maybe One Day, many, many light-years from now, distinctions about Sexuality will not have to distinguished, discussed or taught, rather it’ll be “Extinguished” completely in order for People to be just who they are.
- MICHAEL IRVIN: Talks to “OUT” Mag (fernexpress.wordpress.com)
An 18-year old, Robert Vietze was a member of the U.S. Ski Team as it has been reported he was kicked off. He is (was) considered one of the most elite skiers in the nation. The New York Post reports that Vietze was returning from a training camp at Oregon’s Mount Hood when the incident occurred. Vietze was in the running for the 2014 Olympics, but is name was removed from the team’s development roster on Thursday. “We have no comment, nothing to say,” Vietze’s mother told reporters outside their Vermont home. Vietze was drunk, having consumed eight drinks, and stumbled five rows behind him (presumably towards the bathroom?!) when he started peeing on the girl. The girl’s family was using the bathroom at the time.
…follow up on this story