- Scooter Braun posted a quote on Instagram saying 'kindness is the only response' amid his feud with Taylor Swift November 20, 2019Steve Granitz, Kevin Mazur / Getty Celebrity manager, and co-owner of Big Machine Records, Scooter Braun, posted a quote on his Instagram on November 19. This is amid his very public disagreement with Taylor Swift about her old music. The post read: "Kindness is the only response," and Braun wrote in the caption that these are "words to live b […]
- An indictment against 2 officers guarding Jeffrey Epstein the night of his suicide says they shopped online, read sports news, and napped instead of checking on him November 20, 2019Richard Drew/AP, New York State Sex Offender Registry via AP Two prison guards responsible for checking up on Jeffrey Epstein on the night of his suicide were accused of "browsing the internet" for "furniture sales," and checking sports news to the detriment of carrying out their duties, a grand jury indictment reveals. Tova Noel and Mic […]
- Scooter Braun posted a quote on Instagram saying 'kindness is the only response' amid his feud with Taylor Swift November 20, 2019
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Israel carries out ‘wide-scale strikes’ on Iranian forces in Syria November 20, 2019Israel's military says the strikes inside Syria were in response to rockets fired by Iranian troops.
- Simon Cheng: Former UK consulate worker says he was tortured in China November 20, 2019The man, detained in August, says he was blindfolded and beaten for his part in Hong Kong's protests.
- Malta businessman held on yacht in journalist murder probe November 20, 2019Yorgen Fenech was arrested as part of the investigation into the death of Daphne Caruana Galizia.
- Israel carries out ‘wide-scale strikes’ on Iranian forces in Syria November 20, 2019
- At the Entrenched Met Museum, the New Director Shakes Things Up November 20, 2019One year into the job, Max Hollein shows that art shouldn’t be seen solely through a Western lens.Robin Pogrebin
- Is It Time Gauguin Got Canceled? November 18, 2019Museums are reassessing the legacy of an artist who had sex with teenage girls and called the Polynesian people he painted “savages.”Farah Nayeri
- Degas: A Superfan at the Opera, Where Art Tips Into Obsession November 15, 2019Today’s “age of the fan” is not so new: Audiences have always held more sway over performers than we admit.Jason Farago
- At the Entrenched Met Museum, the New Director Shakes Things Up November 20, 2019
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of nightelfdruid | thelooplook | uracontra Shaun King speaks on the thuggification of black men
©ourtesy of humansofnewyork Sometimes NOTHING Makes Sense “I’m an unemployed single father, and I feel like I’ve been written out of the economy. I’ve got a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology, but I can’t get a job in teaching, medical writing, or research. They showed us a video in the food stamp office about finding […]
©ourtesy of The Editor My Response. Disappointment. What disappointments me most is how the world so easily misinterprets the atrocities of Humans by isolating a TRAGEDY to one GROUP. In this case, The St. Louis Police Department (I am NOT in defense of anyone involved mind you). Admit-tingly, No Judge or Jury can decide any […]
- Press Release - EarthCam’s A.I. Technology Advances Autodesk Integration with Improved 3D Model and 360° Reality Capture AlignmentEarthCam, the leading provider of construction camera technology and services, today announced at Autodesk University a new feature set that continues to enrich its integration with Autodesk. Continue reading...
- Press Release - EarthCam Delivers Next Generation Automation Features for PlanGrid UsersEarthCam, the leading provider of construction camera technology and services, announced today at Connect & Construct an important update to its PlanGrid integration, focusing on its new initiative of automating visual jobsite data. Continue reading...
- Press Release - EarthCam’s A.I. Technology Advances Autodesk Integration with Improved 3D Model and 360° Reality Capture Alignment
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 2014Spooky Day
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 56,842 hits
Monthly Archives: August 2011
©Courtesy of the niftyfifties.com
- The last Packard [Car History] (jalopnik.com)
- Cubans may finally get to buy new cars (content.usatoday.com)
- Last Chance: ‘Cars, Culture, and the City’ at Museum of the City of New York (nytimes.com)
Nothing like starting the week off with some racism-inspired earrings to decorate these lobes! First, it was plantation weddings, now it’s “slave earrings.” Apparently making a mockery of slavery is so chic these days that Vogue Italia decided to highlight it as the newest fashion craze: Jewelery has always flirted with circular shapes, especially for use in making earrings. The most classic models are the slave and creole styles in gold hoops. If the name brings to the mind the decorative traditions of the women of colour who were brought to the southern Unites States during the slave trade, the latest interpretation is pure freedom Colored stones, symbolic pendants and multiple spheres. And the evolution goes on.
— Read more HERE
Water and batteries can get you through the hurricane—but Oreos and booze may make it more fun! See the funniest photos from Twitter’s latest meme: unorthodox emergency supplies. As Hurricane Irene roars up the East Coast, those who aren”t evacuating are stocking up on the essentials: water, canned food, batteries. But it takes more than that to ride out a storm. You’ve got to see what some People had in mind for their Day of Armageddon. Click!
- Hurricane Irene and Ways to Survive Hurricane Season 2011 Safely (savings.com)
- Funniest Post-Hurricane Irene Tweets So Far (SLIDESHOW) (huffingtonpost.com)
Barbie’S on a very, very tight Budget these days: Here’s a Surprise find for “recession” Barbie.
Crystal Meth Barbie: It ain’t “Pretty these Days“, found out KEN is on the downlow. Barbie poses while “High on Crack“…poor, innocent little thing. She used to look so good and wear such “Purdeee” little dresses. Ain’t LIFE a bitch?
R.I.P. Published this article about STEVE JOBS in Aug. 2011 :: — >10 Unusual Things “James” Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
His father’s name is Abdulfattah Jandali. If you had to ask me what Steve Job’s father’s name was I never in one zillion years would’ve guessed that, and that Steve Jobs biologically was half Syrian Muslim. For some reason I thought he was Jewish. Maybe it’s because I wanted to be him so I projected my own background onto him. His parents were two graduate students who I guess weren’t sure if they were ready for a kid so put him up for adoption and then a few years later had another kid (see above). So I didn’t know he was adopted.
Read more of: James Altucher’s Article
Related Article: Bashing Billionaires
Married couples often tend to engage in all sorts of behavior in an effort to preserve their relationship. Most people tend to pass judgment on such behavior without right. Fact of the matter is, no one cares or should. Such actions are entirely the responsibility of consenting Adults.
- MICHAEL IRVIN: Talks to “OUT” Mag (fernexpress.wordpress.com)
A Tennessee teacher marching to the beat of a different drummer now has to face the music after being caught in a bizarre sexual misadventure. Private music teacher Daniel Torroll was arrested last week after being caught performing a sex act on a doll within view of an elementary school. Cops say they found the 56-year-old naked under a bridge on school property in Spring Hill, Tenn. with a child-like doll that had holes cut in it. Torroll admitted to being in flagrante with the doll, but said he suffers from attention deficit disorder and cannot always control certain sexual impulses. “I happened to be there, but I didn’t know it was school property,” he told WATE-TV in Nashville. “I wouldn’t be there if I knew it was school property.” Torroll – who teaches private music lessons from home – insists his sexual predilections do not involve children. “[Police] came here and looked [through my home]. There was nothing here. There was no child porn. I have two kids myself,” he said. He was issued a citation and was ordered to stay off school property, cops said.
- Music Teacher Jailed After Police Find Him Having Sex With Blow Up Doll Under Bridge (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Nude man arrested for committing lewd acts with Barbie-type doll (obscurestore.typepad.com)
The LGBT audience of that Era embraced as an Outlet
During the 1950s, the paperback as well as the magazines, rocketed in popularity. With the lifting of paper shortages and the collapse of the pulp magazine distribution network, the paperback became the dominant format for Gay and Lesbian fiction publishing. There’s a wide selection of these classic paperbacks, in great shape, from this era, online. What is pulp fiction? Pulp fiction is the popular fiction published on cheap wood pulp paper between 1920 – 1955. The Special Collections Research Center recently acquired an important collection of 1960s and 1970s gay pulp fiction novels issued by local publisher Guild Press. Guild Press was a mail-order paperback book service founded in 1962 by former Georgetown University philosophy professor H. Lynn Womack that specialized in pulp fiction aimed at a gay male readership. These books can be found by searching in the ALADIN catalog. On the other hand, Lesbian Role Distinction in the 1950’s, Sexuality, Social Life, and Public Image are all compiled with a somewhat unique history. But, in lieu of ALL the Studies, Research, Advertising & Progress, Closeted LGBT Men & Women still are bursting at the seams in Closets that remain “Full to Capacity”. Oh well! Maybe One Day, many, many light-years from now, distinctions about Sexuality will not have to distinguished, discussed or taught, rather it’ll be “Extinguished” completely in order for People to be just who they are.
- MICHAEL IRVIN: Talks to “OUT” Mag (fernexpress.wordpress.com)
An 18-year old, Robert Vietze was a member of the U.S. Ski Team as it has been reported he was kicked off. He is (was) considered one of the most elite skiers in the nation. The New York Post reports that Vietze was returning from a training camp at Oregon’s Mount Hood when the incident occurred. Vietze was in the running for the 2014 Olympics, but is name was removed from the team’s development roster on Thursday. “We have no comment, nothing to say,” Vietze’s mother told reporters outside their Vermont home. Vietze was drunk, having consumed eight drinks, and stumbled five rows behind him (presumably towards the bathroom?!) when he started peeing on the girl. The girl’s family was using the bathroom at the time.
…follow up on this story