- Scooter Braun posted a quote on Instagram saying 'kindness is the only response' amid his feud with Taylor Swift November 20, 2019Steve Granitz, Kevin Mazur / Getty Celebrity manager, and co-owner of Big Machine Records, Scooter Braun, posted a quote on his Instagram on November 19. This is amid his very public disagreement with Taylor Swift about her old music. The post read: "Kindness is the only response," and Braun wrote in the caption that these are "words to live b […]
- An indictment against 2 officers guarding Jeffrey Epstein the night of his suicide says they shopped online, read sports news, and napped instead of checking on him November 20, 2019Richard Drew/AP, New York State Sex Offender Registry via AP Two prison guards responsible for checking up on Jeffrey Epstein on the night of his suicide were accused of "browsing the internet" for "furniture sales," and checking sports news to the detriment of carrying out their duties, a grand jury indictment reveals. Tova Noel and Mic […]
- Scooter Braun posted a quote on Instagram saying 'kindness is the only response' amid his feud with Taylor Swift November 20, 2019
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Israel carries out ‘wide-scale strikes’ on Iranian forces in Syria November 20, 2019Israel's military says the strikes inside Syria were in response to rockets fired by Iranian troops.
- Simon Cheng: Former UK consulate worker says he was tortured in China November 20, 2019The man, detained in August, says he was blindfolded and beaten for his part in Hong Kong's protests.
- Impeachment inquiry: White House attacks witness who heard 'improper' call November 20, 2019A top US official tells the inquiry he was "shocked" by a call between President Trump and Ukraine.
- Israel carries out ‘wide-scale strikes’ on Iranian forces in Syria November 20, 2019
- At the Entrenched Met Museum, the New Director Shakes Things Up November 20, 2019One year into the job, Max Hollein shows that art shouldn’t be seen solely through a Western lens.Robin Pogrebin
- Is It Time Gauguin Got Canceled? November 18, 2019Museums are reassessing the legacy of an artist who had sex with teenage girls and called the Polynesian people he painted “savages.”Farah Nayeri
- Degas: A Superfan at the Opera, Where Art Tips Into Obsession November 15, 2019Today’s “age of the fan” is not so new: Audiences have always held more sway over performers than we admit.Jason Farago
- At the Entrenched Met Museum, the New Director Shakes Things Up November 20, 2019
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of nightelfdruid | thelooplook | uracontra Shaun King speaks on the thuggification of black men
©ourtesy of humansofnewyork Sometimes NOTHING Makes Sense “I’m an unemployed single father, and I feel like I’ve been written out of the economy. I’ve got a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology, but I can’t get a job in teaching, medical writing, or research. They showed us a video in the food stamp office about finding […]
©ourtesy of The Editor My Response. Disappointment. What disappointments me most is how the world so easily misinterprets the atrocities of Humans by isolating a TRAGEDY to one GROUP. In this case, The St. Louis Police Department (I am NOT in defense of anyone involved mind you). Admit-tingly, No Judge or Jury can decide any […]
- Press Release - EarthCam’s A.I. Technology Advances Autodesk Integration with Improved 3D Model and 360° Reality Capture AlignmentEarthCam, the leading provider of construction camera technology and services, today announced at Autodesk University a new feature set that continues to enrich its integration with Autodesk. Continue reading...
- Press Release - EarthCam Delivers Next Generation Automation Features for PlanGrid UsersEarthCam, the leading provider of construction camera technology and services, announced today at Connect & Construct an important update to its PlanGrid integration, focusing on its new initiative of automating visual jobsite data. Continue reading...
- Press Release - EarthCam’s A.I. Technology Advances Autodesk Integration with Improved 3D Model and 360° Reality Capture Alignment
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 2014Spooky Day
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 56,842 hits
Monthly Archives: December 2013
- I hereby wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. It is my prayer that this season brings us all good health, wealth and peace. As we all merry, let’s share love with those in difficult conditions. That is the best celebration we can give to Jesus Christ. (princeadetokunboolaoye.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas! (lambandcompany.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas! (thebarethreads.wordpress.com)
©ourtesy of wetheurban
Liu Bolin’s images invite a game akin to Where’s Waldo?. In some of the Chinese artist’s incredible photos, it’s clear where he is standing; in others, like the some of the above, it’s much harder to spot the outline of his body at all. It’s for this that Bolin has been called “The Invisible Man.”
- Liu Bolin @ 5Pointz Aerosol Arts Center (NYC) (sixand5.com)
- 10 stunning images from Liu Bolin, the disappearing man (ted.com)
©ourtesy of wetheurban
Do you even CARE?
Where Children Sleep presents English-born photographer James Mollison’s eye-opening photographs of children’s bedrooms around the world. The differences between each child and his or her bedroom are striking:
©ourtesy of CNN.COM
HIS DAY IS DONE : HE IS FREE
His day is done. Is done.
The news came on the wings of a wind, reluctant to carry its burden. Nelson Mandela’s day is done.
The news, expected and still unwelcome, reached us in the United States, and suddenly our world became somber. Our skies were leadened.
His day is done.
We see you, South African people standing speechless at the slamming of that final door through which no traveler returns.
Our spirits reach out to you Bantu, Zulu, Xhosa, Boer.
We think of you and your son of Africa, your father, your one more wonder of the world.
R.I.P Nelson Mandela
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (Xhosa pronunciation: [xoˈliːɬaɬa manˈdeːla]) (18 July 1918 – 5 December 2013) was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary and politician who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. He was the first black South African to hold the office, and the first elected in a fully representative, multiracial election. His government focused on dismantling the legacy of apartheid through tackling institutionalised racism, poverty and inequality, and fostering racial reconciliation. Politically an African nationalist and democratic socialist, he served as the President of the African National Congress (ANC) from 1991 to 1997. Internationally, Mandela was the Secretary General of the Non-Aligned Movement from 1998 to 1999. – – continue Reading on © Wikipedia
- South African President Zuma on Nelson Mandela: ‘Our people have lost a father’ (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Breaking: Nelson Mandela dead at 95 (rollingout.com)
- Another Great One Gone #R.I.P Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (audreyamah.wordpress.com)
©ourtesy of vintageblackglamour
Whenever I look at the great singer, dancer, actress and producer Aida Overton Walker, I think about how awesome it would be to see someone like Anika Noni Rose or Audra McDonald bring her to life on the stage. Born on Valentine’s Day in 1880 in New York City (some accounts say Richmond, VA, but my source is “Black Women in America,” edited by the foremost historian of black women, Darlene Clark Hine. Ms. Overton Walker changed her name from “Ada” to “Aida” late in her short but storied career, which began in the chorus of Black Patti’s Troubadours, the troupe founded by the one of the first black opera singers, Sissieretta Jones. She was best known for her work with the
- The Vaudeville Actress Who Refused To Be A Stereotype (buzzfeed.com)
- Preserved Moments of Historical Sass (Vol. 6) (messynessychic.com)
©ourtesy of details
Check this out!
1. Suede overnight bag ($2,400) by Valextra.
2. Yankee single- speed bicycle ($325) by Pure Fix Cycles.
3. Davy lamp ($180) by Best Made Company.
4. Nesting tables ($2,100) by Josef Albers.
- Merry and Bright: Gifts for the Color Lover – Holiday Gift Guide from Apartment Therapy (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Gift Guide for the Sophisticate (validations.wordpress.com)
- Good Things Come in Small Packages: Gifts Under $10 (apartmenttherapy.com)
©ourtesy of Blackbook
“Spring Breakers” may not have much of a shot at an Academy Award (despite A24’s campaign for James Franco), but the divisive Harmony Korine film has already made at least two Top Ten lists for best films of 2013: last week, the prestigious Cahiers du Cinema ranked “Spring Breakers’ #2 on its list and now filmmaker John Waters, a contributor to Artforum, named the indie hit his #1 film of 2013, according to Ray Pride at Movie City News. Waters ranked Bruno Dumont‘s “Camille Claudel 1915,” starring Juliette Binoche, #2 on the list.
John Waters’ Top 10 Films of 2013: