November 2017 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- The 25 countries around the world where same-sex marriage is legal November 18, 2017Antoine Antoniol/Getty Images 2017 has been a big year for LGBTQI rights. Both Malta and Germany legalized same-sex marriage and, this week, Australia made big strides towards doing so as well. In a nation-wide postal poll, 61.6% of Australian voters said they were in favor of same-sex marriage, ensuring the federal government will try to pass a marriage equ […]
- Join us at IGNITION: Future of Media! November 18, 2017Business InsiderHello, everyone! Our 8th annual IGNITION: Future of Media conference is about 6 weeks away. We'll be at the Time Warner Center in New York City. We would love to see you there. This year, we'll be joined by, among others: Bharat N. Anand, Henry R. Byers Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School Robert Bakish, Pre […]
- The 25 countries around the world where same-sex marriage is legal November 18, 2017
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- Martin Scorsese (75)In 1942, Martin Scorsese was born on this date in Queens, New York City, New York, USA
- Lorne Michaels (73)In 1944, Lorne Michaels was born on this date in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Rachel McAdams (39)In 1978, Rachel McAdams was born on this date in London, Ontario, Canada
- Paula Neves (40)In 1977, Paula Neves was born on this date in Lisbon, Portugal
- Martin Scorsese (75)
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Zimbabwe: Zanu-PF leaders meeting to decide Mugabe future November 19, 2017The president's closest allies turn against him as pressure builds for him to step down.
- Zimbabweans gather for 'death of a dynasty' November 18, 2017Thousands in Zimbabwe have gathered to celebrate the army's takeover of the country.
- US nuclear chief would resist 'illegal' presidential strike order November 19, 2017Gen John Hyten says that instead he would work to agree a legal alternative with a president.
- Zimbabwe: Zanu-PF leaders meeting to decide Mugabe future November 19, 2017
- Critic’s Notebook: What Christian Artifacts of the Middle East Can Show Us About Tolerance November 17, 2017An exhibition at the Institut du Monde Arabe in Paris looks at 2,000 years of Christians in the Arab World. It has a message for France — and for us all.JASON FARAGO
- Art Review: The Comedic Beauty of Laura Owens’s Work November 17, 2017At the Whitney, this artist’s superb midcareer survey and catalog highlight her art, life and times — and a world of possibility for painting.ROBERTA SMITH
- Art Review: ‘Wiener Werkstätte’: Going Broke for the Love of Beauty November 16, 2017An exhibition of covetable objects at the Neue Galerie explores a Viennese collective that was better at fabricating teapots and textiles than at turning a profit.JASON FARAGO
- Critic’s Notebook: What Christian Artifacts of the Middle East Can Show Us About Tolerance November 17, 2017
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of nightelfdruid | thelooplook | uracontra Shaun King speaks on the thuggification of black men
©ourtesy of humansofnewyork Sometimes NOTHING Makes Sense “I’m an unemployed single father, and I feel like I’ve been written out of the economy. I’ve got a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology, but I can’t get a job in teaching, medical writing, or research. They showed us a video in the food stamp office about finding […]
©ourtesy of The Editor My Response. Disappointment. What disappointments me most is how the world so easily misinterprets the atrocities of Humans by isolating a TRAGEDY to one GROUP. In this case, The St. Louis Police Department (I am NOT in defense of anyone involved mind you). Admit-tingly, No Judge or Jury can decide any […]
- New! - Angie's Crochet CamAngie is a creative streamer that uses her \"magic wand\" (aka crochet hook) to make magic out of yarn! She has been crocheting since November 2010 and usually crochets for stress relief and to make things for other people. Food (Especially Sweets), Collectibles (Tsums & Kotobukiya Bishoujos), Dogs, Music, Leggings, Zebra-Print, Health & Fi […]
- New! - Farm Sanctuary CamsView seven live streams from different sections of the Farm Sanctuary, located in Watkins Glen, New York. Farm Sanctuary was founded in 1986 to combat the abuses of factory farming and encourage a new awareness and understanding about farm animals. \"Friend, not food.\" See it Live!
- New! - Angie's Crochet Cam
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 2014Spooky Day
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 55,776 hits
Tag Archives: Games
©ourtesy of wheelsupinthirty and stayoverthere
Here are what the cans for six brands of soda have looked like over the last 50 years.
Visit boldpost for some discussion and analysis of each…!
©ourtesy of Ginger Cayote on FB
Coincidence or Fate ?
Curious isn’t it? Mitt Romney (Herman Monster) and Paul Ryan (Eddie Monster), just a couple of guys up to NO GOOD
” ‘ They’re creepy and they’re kooky/mysterious and spooky/they’re altogether ooky…’ ” so applicable here.
- A Strange Time to Tie Your Candidacy to a Very Unpopular Congress (elections.firedoglake.com)
- Which Celebrity Do You Resemble Most? (bellasugar.com)
©ourtesy of stayoverthere reblogged jess0so:
- Tips To Survive The Coming Zombie Apocalypse Part 2 (deadmanstales.wordpress.com)
©ourtesy of sillyhoesmoneysforpimps reblogged stayfly69:
...Sometimes it’s just a good idea to leave the kiddies at home. After all, this one’s had just about enough of ‘grandpa’s’ antics. And of all days to have forgotten his taser!
- Looks like ‘Carrot Top’ has found ‘Joan Rivers’ surgeon ..! YIKES SS. (fernexpress.wordpress.com)
- Visible Scars Appear Online (dreadcentral.com)
©ourtesy of I Make No Sense?
Today was strange, my thoughts in range, I made a choice, life rolled the dice, I worked till six, fate thought to mix, I see things twice, was that the mice? From start to end, the mood is fend, I play the part, of life in art, The walk to work, a chance to change, What fish to dish, my wish to mash. The face you see, is not your own, The friends around, and all the same, The calls you get, and planned to let, You feel alive, is this your vibe? You sound the horn, to show you’re torn, You look with … Read more
Definition: Pretty is used as an adverb with the meaning ‘fairly, moderately’, as in The performance was pretty good / He did pretty much as he liked. The adverb corresponding to the usual meaning of pretty is prettily: She always dresses so prettily, kinda? So you see Darling, being ‘Pretty” really has nothing to do with the way you Look physically. You know, like in the use of the word ‘Beautiful’, okay. People are always telling you you’re ‘pretty’ ’cause they’re just being very sarcastic and insulting. Pity, cause You are really so ‘moderate’.
- Dear Abby: Kiss My Butt (havecoffeewillwrite.wordpress.com)
And, Who Really gives a Shit…?
As far as sporting events go, March Madness may very well be the best. … ahhh? Nobody’s four year old kid gives a shit about March Madness. Let’s just get pissy drunk and tick a whole bunch-a-dicks off! How’s that for “March Madness”.
- March Madness 2011: Likeliest Upsets and the Biggest Questions in the Southwest (bleacherreport.com)
- March Madness 2011 Cheat Sheet: How To Fill Out Your NCAA Bracket (nowpublic.com)