May 2016 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Opera officially launches its browser that blocks all web ads — except on 4 sites May 4, 2016Brett Hammond/Flickr CCOpera Software has officially launched the new version of its web browser and "mini" browser for Android smartphones that both come packed with an in-built ad blocker. Rather than downloading a browser extension or app, Opera users can now activate ad blocking in the settings of their browsers (ad blocking isn't on by de […]
- Spanish banks are getting pummeled and it means another round of cuts May 4, 2016REUTERS/Sergio PerezMadrid (AFP) - Spanish banks, which slimmed down after a property boom went bust in 2008, are once again closing branches and slashing jobs as their profitability is hit by stiff competition. The country's three biggest lenders -- Santander, BBVA and CaixaBank -- last week all posted lower first quarter net profits, especially in Spa […]
- Opera officially launches its browser that blocks all web ads — except on 4 sites May 4, 2016
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- Christina Hendricks (41)In 1975, Christina Hendricks was born on this date in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
- Bobby Cannavale (46)In 1970, Bobby Cannavale was born on this date in Union City, New Jersey, USA
- Amy Ryan (48)In 1968, Amy Ryan was born on this date in Queens, New York City, New York, USA
- Rebecca Hall (34)In 1982, Rebecca Hall was born on this date in London, England, UK
- Christina Hendricks (41)
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Trump set for Republican nomination May 4, 2016Victory in Indiana tightens Donald Trump's grip on the US Republican presidential nomination after defeat forces rival Ted Cruz from the race.
- Canada wildfire forces mass evacuation May 4, 2016A huge wildfire forces the evacuation of about 80,000 people from Fort McMurray - the entire population of the city in the Canadian province of Alberta.
- Apple must share 'iPhone' name in China May 4, 2016A Chinese company is free to use the name "iPhone" on its handbags and leather goods after Apple loses a trademark court ruling in China.
- Trump set for Republican nomination May 4, 2016
- Against Tough Odds, a High School Arts Program Fosters Success May 3, 2016Suitland High School in Maryland is producing graduates who rise to national prominence despite budget cuts and other challenges.MIRANDA S. SPIVACK
- For Scott Rothkopf, a Swift Ascendance in the Whitney Hierarchy May 4, 2016Mr. Rothkopf’s appointment as chief curator of the Whitney Museum a year ago at just 38 years old raised eyebrows, but he is already making an impact.ROBIN POGREBIN
- Marisol, an Artist Known for Blithely Shattering Boundaries, Dies at 85 May 4, 2016Marisol brought folk art traditions to Pop Art and added political commentary and sharp humor.WILLIAM GRIMES
- Against Tough Odds, a High School Arts Program Fosters Success May 3, 2016
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of nightelfdruid | thelooplook | uracontra Shaun King speaks on the thuggification of black men
©ourtesy of humansofnewyork Sometimes NOTHING Makes Sense “I’m an unemployed single father, and I feel like I’ve been written out of the economy. I’ve got a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology, but I can’t get a job in teaching, medical writing, or research. They showed us a video in the food stamp office about finding […]
©ourtesy of The Editor My Response. Disappointment. What disappointments me most is how the world so easily misinterprets the atrocities of Humans by isolating a TRAGEDY to one GROUP. In this case, The St. Louis Police Department (I am NOT in defense of anyone involved mind you). Admit-tingly, No Judge or Jury can decide any […]
- New! - CN TowerExperience views of Toronto from a unique vantage point with these live HD streaming webcams. Located on top of the CN Tower, this Canadian icon is a must-stop spot for locals and visitors alike. See Lake Ontario, Toronto Islands, Rogers Centre, Royal Ontario Museum, and so much more with views as far away as 100 miles! See it Live! […]
- New! - Oceanside Beach California Webcam looking outward on part of Oceanside Beach California, with views of the pier and the beautiful beach. Located in San Diego, California. See it Live!
- New! - CN Tower
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 2014Spooky Day
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 54,424 hits
Tag Archives: Games
©ourtesy of wheelsupinthirty and stayoverthere
Here are what the cans for six brands of soda have looked like over the last 50 years.
Visit boldpost for some discussion and analysis of each…!
©ourtesy of Ginger Cayote on FB
Coincidence or Fate ?
Curious isn’t it? Mitt Romney (Herman Monster) and Paul Ryan (Eddie Monster), just a couple of guys up to NO GOOD
” ‘ They’re creepy and they’re kooky/mysterious and spooky/they’re altogether ooky…’ ” so applicable here.
- A Strange Time to Tie Your Candidacy to a Very Unpopular Congress (elections.firedoglake.com)
- Which Celebrity Do You Resemble Most? (bellasugar.com)
©ourtesy of stayoverthere reblogged jess0so:
- Tips To Survive The Coming Zombie Apocalypse Part 2 (deadmanstales.wordpress.com)
©ourtesy of sillyhoesmoneysforpimps reblogged stayfly69:
...Sometimes it’s just a good idea to leave the kiddies at home. After all, this one’s had just about enough of ‘grandpa’s’ antics. And of all days to have forgotten his taser!
- Looks like ‘Carrot Top’ has found ‘Joan Rivers’ surgeon ..! YIKES SS. (fernexpress.wordpress.com)
- Visible Scars Appear Online (dreadcentral.com)
©ourtesy of I Make No Sense?
Today was strange, my thoughts in range, I made a choice, life rolled the dice, I worked till six, fate thought to mix, I see things twice, was that the mice? From start to end, the mood is fend, I play the part, of life in art, The walk to work, a chance to change, What fish to dish, my wish to mash. The face you see, is not your own, The friends around, and all the same, The calls you get, and planned to let, You feel alive, is this your vibe? You sound the horn, to show you’re torn, You look with … Read more
Definition: Pretty is used as an adverb with the meaning ‘fairly, moderately’, as in The performance was pretty good / He did pretty much as he liked. The adverb corresponding to the usual meaning of pretty is prettily: She always dresses so prettily, kinda? So you see Darling, being ‘Pretty” really has nothing to do with the way you Look physically. You know, like in the use of the word ‘Beautiful’, okay. People are always telling you you’re ‘pretty’ ’cause they’re just being very sarcastic and insulting. Pity, cause You are really so ‘moderate’.
- Dear Abby: Kiss My Butt (havecoffeewillwrite.wordpress.com)
And, Who Really gives a Shit…?
As far as sporting events go, March Madness may very well be the best. … ahhh? Nobody’s four year old kid gives a shit about March Madness. Let’s just get pissy drunk and tick a whole bunch-a-dicks off! How’s that for “March Madness”.
- March Madness 2011: Likeliest Upsets and the Biggest Questions in the Southwest (bleacherreport.com)
- March Madness 2011 Cheat Sheet: How To Fill Out Your NCAA Bracket (nowpublic.com)