July 2019 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- APPLY NOW: Insider Inc. is hiring fall editorial and video fellows, business reporters, and more July 15, 2019Sarah Jacobs/Business Insider Insider Inc. has a number of editorial openings across both Business Insider and INSIDER. If you're interested in joining a fast-paced, growing newsroom, apply at the links provided below. Unless otherwise stated, positions are located in our New York City headquarters and begin immediately. Editorial fellowships Business I […]
- Apple's latest AirPods are on sale for Prime Day 2019 — and they never go on sale July 15, 2019Hollis Johnson/Business Insider Apple's AirPods almost never go on sale, but for Prime Day 2019, the latest version of the AirPods is discounted by $14 to $20. If you opt for the AirPods with the wireless charging case, you'll pay $179 and save $20. To spend a bit less, you can get the AirPods with the regular charging case for $144.99 and save $14 […]
- APPLY NOW: Insider Inc. is hiring fall editorial and video fellows, business reporters, and more July 15, 2019
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Trump: I don't have a racist bone in my body July 16, 2019The US president hits back after his controversial attack on four minority Democratic congresswomen.
- Von der Leyen becomes EU Commission head after MEPs vote July 16, 2019EU Parliament narrowly approves Ursula von der Leyen as new head of European Commission.
- Christine Lagarde resigns as head of IMF July 16, 2019It comes ahead of a decision on Ms Lagarde's nomination to become head of the European Central Bank.
- Trump: I don't have a racist bone in my body July 16, 2019
- ‘Mundos Alternos,’ Where Other Worlds Come to Life July 15, 2019Science fiction illuminates reality by imagining the unreal in a mind-bending show at the Queens Museum.Will Heinrich
- What Leonardo da Vinci Couldn’t Finish July 15, 2019“Saint Jerome Praying in the Wilderness” at the Met Museum is a masterpiece in progress from a perfectionist who hated to say “done.”Holland Cotter
- Sculpture, Both Botanical and Bestial, Awe at the Met Breuer July 12, 2019It’s not folk art, or fiber art. It’s finger-aching ingenuity by Mrinalini Mukherjee.Holland Cotter
- ‘Mundos Alternos,’ Where Other Worlds Come to Life July 15, 2019
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of nightelfdruid | thelooplook | uracontra Shaun King speaks on the thuggification of black men
©ourtesy of humansofnewyork Sometimes NOTHING Makes Sense “I’m an unemployed single father, and I feel like I’ve been written out of the economy. I’ve got a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology, but I can’t get a job in teaching, medical writing, or research. They showed us a video in the food stamp office about finding […]
©ourtesy of The Editor My Response. Disappointment. What disappointments me most is how the world so easily misinterprets the atrocities of Humans by isolating a TRAGEDY to one GROUP. In this case, The St. Louis Police Department (I am NOT in defense of anyone involved mind you). Admit-tingly, No Judge or Jury can decide any […]
- New! - National Building Museum: Lawn Construction Time-LapseSummer is here, which also means the arrival of the National Building Museum\'s 2019 Summer Block Party installation, Lawn. Watch construction for the fun exhibit in Washington, DC, with EarthCam\'s 4K time-lapse movie. Watch as the 30,000 square foot immersive playground covered with soy-based grass, furniture made out of recycled milk jugs and ha […]
- New! - New London, CT Harbor CamEarthCam and the New London Maritime Society have teamed up to deliver a live streaming look at the harbor in this beautiful town. From atop the Custom House Maritime Museum, see harbor landmarks including lighthouses and a submarine factory, and watch special waterfront events and festivals. See it Live!
- New! - National Building Museum: Lawn Construction Time-Lapse
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 2014Spooky Day
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 56,529 hits
Tag Archives: Earth
©ourtesy of entertainmentweekly
This week in EW: We go inside the making of Elysium, this summer’s most provocative (and political) action film.
Here’s a synopsis:
The year is 2154 and Earth has become a Third World slum. The wealthy have long since departed, inhabiting an exclusive satellite paradise where advanced medical technology heals any ailment, from a hangnail to terminal cancer, in seconds. Damon plays Max, an orphan who dreams of the Eden in the sky, but is stuck slaving at a Los Angeles factory that manufactures droids. When he is accidentally irradiated, Silkwood-style, and told he has five days to live, Max hatches a plan to save himself. To do that, though, he’ll have to team up with a band of revolutionaries determined to make Elysium accessible to all. Standing in his way are Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster), head of Elysium’s Civil Cooperation Bureau, who guns down any illegal spaceship attempting to enter the satellite’s orbit, and her psychotic henchman (District 9‘s Sharlto Copley), dispatched to take Max and his crew out.
- New Elysium Clip Comes Out Guns Blazing (dreadcentral.com)
- ELYSIUM’s Matt Damon Featured On The Cover Of This Week’s ‘Entertainment Weekly’ (comicbookmovie.com)
- Experience the World of Elysium in this New Featurette (dreadcentral.com)
©ourtesy of stay-oceanminded reblogged purfectonized: Source: henrrydelavega UNLESS …you run into TSUNAMIS !! Continue reading
To ALL the MOM’S of Earth
Nobody’s Like You, Mom
Nobody’s quite like you, Mom.
You’re special in every way.
You cheer me up, you fill my cup
With tenderness, come what may.
Nobody loves me like you, Mom.
No matter what I do,
Good or bad, happy or sad,
You support me; You always come through.
Nobody’s equal to you, Mom.
With you in my life, I’m blessed.
I love you so, and I want you to know
I think you’re the very best!
Poem By Joanna Fuchs
©Photo courtesy of TT Coles
Celebrate & Praise the EARTH for All the Gifts it has bestowed upon us.
Earth Day 2012 (4/22) (daddyweekly.me)
©ourtesy of BARRE NONE ~ Cem Catbas
A marvel born now and anon
Of a lunar southwest monsoon
Same month twice a full moon
Once in a blue moon at noon
©ourtesy of art-profiles.com
Our mother Nature, alternatively called Earth is a beautiful silent and sometimes a violent place that hides inspiration inside of it. We want to share with you some dreamy images that will make your heart and mind calm a bit and give you power and will to visit same landscape destinations. Earth is our treasure,our girl,our woman. We must look after “her” and believe us,will come a time that all winds and sun shines gonna work for us. For other people, Earth is like a child that needs care and for … Read more
- NATIVE AMERICAN ART and PROVERBS Vol. 1 (eddietwohawks.wordpress.com)
- About: Ethereal Earth (rachelablackwell.wordpress.com)
- Outstanding Earth Photography (natemaingard.com)
Please excuse me but I must make this as brief as possible! I have been told that this is suppose to be my LAST Day on Earth. So, as result, I’ve been packin’ like crazy ALL Night cause I want to be ready to board that Shuttle headed to, to, to, ah, ah…WHEREVER the Fuck I am going! Thing is. No one has informed me What Airport to go to catch my ride. All I know is that I need to be ready for this trip, this Saturday, by 6 PM., that according to some Guy named Harold [going] Camping. He seems to have my Itinerary, “Confirmed”. I am just Glad that I was able to get this flight without having to deal with PRICELINE.COM or . I am so relieved. Now if I could just get rid of this Gas.
Next time this happens, I am gonna make sure that I have mybooked ahead, Passport in tact and a set of much nicer Luggage, cause, You never know who you are going to meet while in transit. And Please. Just a Reminder. All those other People headed on “This Trip”, don’t forget to pack your Laptop and your Medication. Can’t enjoy a Fun Trip without those Pills. And so, to ALL, Have a nice TRIP Everyone!
- 5/21: How Are You Celebrating/Preparing for the Rapture? (sfist.com)
- Early Rapture Open Thread: Harold Camping prepares for The Big One (pamshouseblend.com)