July 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Stick-shifts are vanishing from cars, but I still love them and hope they never go away completely — here are my favorites, ranked July 5, 2020Matthew DeBord/BI Stick-shifts are disappearing from the automotive landscape. But one can still option a manual on some performance cars and pickup trucks. Here's a ranking of my favorites, with appearances from MINI, Mazda, and Jaguar. Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Time was when many vehicles offered a manual option, either […]
- How the cheapest Tesla Model 3 at $40,000 matches up against a loaded $45,000 Nissan Leaf. (TSLA) July 5, 2020Matthew DeBord/BI I've driven the Tesla Model 3 in several different versions. I've also sampled an updated version of the Nissan Leaf. The Leaf has been in the electric-vehicle market for longer, but the Model 3 is among the best cars I've ever driven. Last year, I tested a new, longer-range version of the Leaf: the Leaf SL Plus. You can bu […]
- Stick-shifts are vanishing from cars, but I still love them and hope they never go away completely — here are my favorites, ranked July 5, 2020
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Coronavirus: Spain imposes local lockdown in Galicia July 5, 2020Galicia reinstates curbs on a coastal area, a day after Catalonia imposed a similar local lockdown.
- Fourth of July: Trump vows to defeat 'radical left' in Independence Day speech July 5, 2020The president rails at people who have "no clue what they're doing", as the US marks independence.
- Hong Kong security law: Pro-democracy books pulled from libraries July 5, 2020Prominent activist Joshua Wong says the measure is "one step away from actual book banning".
- Coronavirus: Spain imposes local lockdown in Galicia July 5, 2020
- ‘Liberty Bell’ Tolls for Sites Where History Is Alive and Kicking July 2, 2020Nancy Baker Cahill uses augmented reality to explore the meaning of historical sites from the Rockaways in New York to Selma, Ala. Is public art embellishing our heritage, or defacing it?David Colman
- Can a New Arts Center Revitalize Provincetown? July 2, 2020In saving the Mary Heaton Vorse home, Ken Fulk hopes to help rescue an arts colony under siege from gentrification. But artists still need cheap studio space.Brett Sokol
- Guggenheim Opens Investigation Into Basquiat Show After Racism Complaints July 2, 2020After nearly a quarter of all employees signed onto a letter accusing executives of racism and mismanagement, the museum has hired a lawyer to start an independent investigation.Zachary Small
- ‘Liberty Bell’ Tolls for Sites Where History Is Alive and Kicking July 2, 2020
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of nightelfdruid | thelooplook | uracontra Shaun King speaks on the thuggification of black men
©ourtesy of humansofnewyork Sometimes NOTHING Makes Sense “I’m an unemployed single father, and I feel like I’ve been written out of the economy. I’ve got a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology, but I can’t get a job in teaching, medical writing, or research. They showed us a video in the food stamp office about finding […]
©ourtesy of The Editor My Response. Disappointment. What disappointments me most is how the world so easily misinterprets the atrocities of Humans by isolating a TRAGEDY to one GROUP. In this case, The St. Louis Police Department (I am NOT in defense of anyone involved mind you). Admit-tingly, No Judge or Jury can decide any […]
- New! - California State University Fullerton, Titan Stadium Cam HDThis is a snapshot of Titan Stadium Field, located on the campus of California State University, Fullerton, USA.rnrn See it Live!
- New! - Our Lady of AparecidaThis is the Our Lady of Aparecida?s Bas?lica. See it Live!
- New! - California State University Fullerton, Titan Stadium Cam HD
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 2014Spooky Day
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 57,364 hits
Tag Archives: Earth
©ourtesy of entertainmentweekly
This week in EW: We go inside the making of Elysium, this summer’s most provocative (and political) action film.
Here’s a synopsis:
The year is 2154 and Earth has become a Third World slum. The wealthy have long since departed, inhabiting an exclusive satellite paradise where advanced medical technology heals any ailment, from a hangnail to terminal cancer, in seconds. Damon plays Max, an orphan who dreams of the Eden in the sky, but is stuck slaving at a Los Angeles factory that manufactures droids. When he is accidentally irradiated, Silkwood-style, and told he has five days to live, Max hatches a plan to save himself. To do that, though, he’ll have to team up with a band of revolutionaries determined to make Elysium accessible to all. Standing in his way are Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster), head of Elysium’s Civil Cooperation Bureau, who guns down any illegal spaceship attempting to enter the satellite’s orbit, and her psychotic henchman (District 9‘s Sharlto Copley), dispatched to take Max and his crew out.
- New Elysium Clip Comes Out Guns Blazing (dreadcentral.com)
- ELYSIUM’s Matt Damon Featured On The Cover Of This Week’s ‘Entertainment Weekly’ (comicbookmovie.com)
- Experience the World of Elysium in this New Featurette (dreadcentral.com)
©ourtesy of stay-oceanminded reblogged purfectonized: Source: henrrydelavega UNLESS …you run into TSUNAMIS !! Continue reading
To ALL the MOM’S of Earth
Nobody’s Like You, Mom
Nobody’s quite like you, Mom.
You’re special in every way.
You cheer me up, you fill my cup
With tenderness, come what may.
Nobody loves me like you, Mom.
No matter what I do,
Good or bad, happy or sad,
You support me; You always come through.
Nobody’s equal to you, Mom.
With you in my life, I’m blessed.
I love you so, and I want you to know
I think you’re the very best!
Poem By Joanna Fuchs
©Photo courtesy of TT Coles
Celebrate & Praise the EARTH for All the Gifts it has bestowed upon us.
Earth Day 2012 (4/22) (daddyweekly.me)
©ourtesy of BARRE NONE ~ Cem Catbas
A marvel born now and anon
Of a lunar southwest monsoon
Same month twice a full moon
Once in a blue moon at noon
©ourtesy of art-profiles.com
Our mother Nature, alternatively called Earth is a beautiful silent and sometimes a violent place that hides inspiration inside of it. We want to share with you some dreamy images that will make your heart and mind calm a bit and give you power and will to visit same landscape destinations. Earth is our treasure,our girl,our woman. We must look after “her” and believe us,will come a time that all winds and sun shines gonna work for us. For other people, Earth is like a child that needs care and for … Read more
- NATIVE AMERICAN ART and PROVERBS Vol. 1 (eddietwohawks.wordpress.com)
- About: Ethereal Earth (rachelablackwell.wordpress.com)
- Outstanding Earth Photography (natemaingard.com)
Please excuse me but I must make this as brief as possible! I have been told that this is suppose to be my LAST Day on Earth. So, as result, I’ve been packin’ like crazy ALL Night cause I want to be ready to board that Shuttle headed to, to, to, ah, ah…WHEREVER the Fuck I am going! Thing is. No one has informed me What Airport to go to catch my ride. All I know is that I need to be ready for this trip, this Saturday, by 6 PM., that according to some Guy named Harold [going] Camping. He seems to have my Itinerary, “Confirmed”. I am just Glad that I was able to get this flight without having to deal with PRICELINE.COM or . I am so relieved. Now if I could just get rid of this Gas.
Next time this happens, I am gonna make sure that I have mybooked ahead, Passport in tact and a set of much nicer Luggage, cause, You never know who you are going to meet while in transit. And Please. Just a Reminder. All those other People headed on “This Trip”, don’t forget to pack your Laptop and your Medication. Can’t enjoy a Fun Trip without those Pills. And so, to ALL, Have a nice TRIP Everyone!
- 5/21: How Are You Celebrating/Preparing for the Rapture? (sfist.com)
- Early Rapture Open Thread: Harold Camping prepares for The Big One (pamshouseblend.com)