- The Rise Of The Chinese Box Office Is Staggering, And It's Transforming Hollywood July 26, 2014The Chinese box office grew by an astounding 27% to $3.6 billion in 2013, according to the Motion Picture Association of America. To put that number in comparison, China's $900 million dollars box office growth was more than the total size of all but eight international box offices. China brought in $1.2 billion more than second place Japan and $1.9 bil […]
- Y Combinator President Says Diversity Is A Huge Issue For Tech And His Companies Are Trying To Fix It July 26, 2014In the wake of a string of tech companies releasing their diversity statistics, the subject has become a hot debate around the internet. Y Combinator President Sam Altman thinks that's a dumb thing to debate. To Altman and his startup accelerator, diversity is an important issue that needs to be addressed industry-wide, he wrote in a Friday blog post. […]
- The Rise Of The Chinese Box Office Is Staggering, And It's Transforming Hollywood July 26, 2014
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California Carnival Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama Online Writing painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- Katherine Kelly Lang (53)In 1961, Katherine Kelly Lang was born on this date in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Matt LeBlanc (47)In 1967, Matt LeBlanc was born on this date in Newton, Massachusetts, USA
- Raoul RuizIn 1941, Raoul Ruiz was born on this date in Puerto Montt, Chile.
- DolphyIn 1928, Dolphy was born on this date in Tondo, Manila, Philippines.
- Katherine Kelly Lang (53)
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Israel and Hamas begin 12-hour truce July 26, 2014A 12-hour humanitarian window in Gaza, agreed upon by Israel and Hamas, has begun, as international efforts to secure a longer truce continue.
- US 'will send migrant youths home' July 26, 2014President Obama says undocumented immigrant children without legal claims to be in the US will be sent home, as he meets Central American leaders.
- Peru to auction Montesinos jewels July 25, 2014The Peruvian government is to sell dozens of gold watches and diamond-encrusted cufflinks seized from disgraced ex-spy chief Vladimiro Montesinos.
- Israel and Hamas begin 12-hour truce July 26, 2014
- At the Met, 8 Food Carts Stake Sidewalk Claims July 26, 2014After officials shrank the space where food carts are allowed to sell outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art, vendors quickly filled the available spots and are camping out around the clock.By COREY KILGANNON
- Art in Review: ‘Another Look at Detroit: Parts 1 and 2’ July 26, 2014The Detroit-born curator Todd Levin has been taking stock of art produced there for what turns out to be a strong two-part group show at Marianne Boesky Gallery and Marlborough Chelsea.By HOLLAND COTTER
- ArtsBeat: Studs Terkel Audio Archive to Go Online July 25, 2014A digital archive of Terkel’s oral histories is one of 177 projects funded by new grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities.By ALLAN KOZINN
- At the Met, 8 Food Carts Stake Sidewalk Claims July 26, 2014
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of oldfilmsflicker: Book-Cut Artworks by Thomas Allen via fer1972 Amazing Graphic Arts
©ourtesy of nowness Virtual Lovers and Hybrid Positions in the London Journal’s Latest Spread | Dutch photographers Anuschka Blommers and Niels Schumm depict the best of both sexes in today’s exclusive series taken from the third issue of Baron magazine. … Continue reading →
©ourtesy of wetheurban Italian artist Alessandro Diddi makes clever anamorphic pencil drawings that, when viewed from a particular angle, appear to pop out of the page in three dimensions.
©ourtesy of Wikipedia | Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great … Continue reading →
Search, Add Site, SEO
- 4th JulyJuly 4th, 2014Holiday Time
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 47,884 hits
©ourtesy of nowness
Virtual Lovers and Hybrid Positions in the London Journal’s Latest Spread |
Dutch photographers Anuschka Blommers and Niels Schumm depict the best of both sexes in today’s exclusive series taken from the third issue of Baron magazine. Founded by Jonathan Baron and Matthew Holroyd, the self-published title lies at the intersection of art and pornography, and for its latest edition, “The Future of Sex,” the journal gets under the skin of relationships in the digital age. Eighty-eight-year-old Polish sociologist Zygmunt Bauman provides the unlikely reference point with a rumination on the allure of “virtual relationships,” while the list of guest editors includes the co-founder of the New York Club Kids movement, Michael Alig, and Night editor Henry Rubin (issue two saw Tyrone Lebon take the reins). Here, the magazine’s quick-witted “spoof” editor The Baron talks tapping into online desires, and logging off.
©ourtesy of wetheurban
©ourtesy of Wikipedia | Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain (now officially known as the United Kingdom). Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, family reunions, and political speeches and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the National Day of the United States. (continue Reading)
©ourtesy of totallytasmia | mentalalchemy | marquitaharris
….view lots more, CLICK below
Date | Sat: Jun, 7 2014 6:55 AM west (pst) — SatURDAY: Jun, 7 2014 9:30 AM (PST)
| Dr. Maya Angelou’s family has arranged a private memorial service in Wake Forest University’s Wait Chapel on Saturday, June 7 at 10 a.m. (E.S.T.) Due to limited seating capacity, the family has decided to have a closed service for family and friends only. Wake Forest University will livestream the service for the public.
Please join the family and friends of Dr. Maya Angelou through the livestream of her memorial service, Saturday June 7th at 10 a.m. EST. http://new.livestream.com/wfu/angelou
©ourtesy of cinemagorgeous: & marquitaharris
Before They Pass Away.
Photographer Jimmy Nelson traveled around the earth to try to document the world’s most secluded tribes (Indigenous people).
©ourtesy of janetmock: & papermagazine | adult-mag
This morning I woke up to a TIME cover story about the trans movement being at a tipping point and seeing my dear friend and sister Laverne Cox on the cover. Such a major media moment for a trans woman of color to be visible and vocal in this way, helping spark multiple conversations about identity, about the intersection of race, class, gender and so much more.