- Robo-Advisors Now Manage Over 36% More Money Than They Did 3 Months Ago July 28, 2014Robo-advisors keep making headlines, but how much money do they actually manage? Research and consulting firm Corporate Insight has found that as of July, the 11 leading startups in the robo-advice space currently manage $15.7 billion in client assets. Back in April, that number was $11.5 billion — a 36.5% growth rate in about three months. While the term […]
- Former Yale Professor Says Ivy League Schools Are Churning Out 'Zombies' July 28, 2014A former Yale professor and admissions officer, who himself has two degrees from Columbia University, recently wrote a provocative article for the New Republic called "Don't Send Your Kid to the Ivy League." In his story, William Deresiewicz argues that the culture behind these institutions — shaping children into the perfect elite university […]
- Robo-Advisors Now Manage Over 36% More Money Than They Did 3 Months Ago July 28, 2014
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California Carnival Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama Online Writing painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- Scott Pelley (57)In 1957, Scott Pelley was born on this date in San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Luiz Fernando Carvalho (54)In 1960, Luiz Fernando Carvalho was born on this date in Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Susan Roces (73)In 1941, Susan Roces was born on this date in Bacolod, Negros Occidental, Visayas, Philippines
- Felipe Cazals (77)In 1937, Felipe Cazals was born on this date in Guéthary, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, France
- Scott Pelley (57)
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Deadly violence in Gaza and Israel July 28, 2014Gaza and southern Israel see an upsurge in violence despite a plea by the UN secretary general for a cessation of hostilities.
- MH17 jet 'downed by shrapnel' July 28, 2014Security officials in Ukraine say the Malaysia Airlines jet downed in eastern Ukraine suffered an explosive loss of pressure caused by missile shrapnel.
- Tripoli fuel fire 'out of control' July 28, 2014A second fuel tank at Libya's biggest fuel storage facility is in flames as the government requests international assistance to contain the huge blaze.
- Deadly violence in Gaza and Israel July 28, 2014
- ArtsBeat: NeueHouse Chooses Historic Hollywood Site July 28, 2014Designed by David Rockwell, a co-working space, moves west, where “I Love Lucy” was filmed.By JORI FINKEL
- European Museums Straining Under Weight of Popularity July 28, 2014Visitors from all over are lining up at the Louvre, the Vatican and the Uffizi, posing problems for institutions trying to balance accessibility with art preservation.By RACHEL DONADIO
- Norman Foster Enjoys a New York Moment July 27, 2014Four major creations from the British designer Norman Foster, who favors lots of stainless steel and glass, are under construction or close to breaking ground in Manhattan.By C. J. HUGHES
- ArtsBeat: NeueHouse Chooses Historic Hollywood Site July 28, 2014
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of oldfilmsflicker: Book-Cut Artworks by Thomas Allen via fer1972 Amazing Graphic Arts
©ourtesy of nowness Virtual Lovers and Hybrid Positions in the London Journal’s Latest Spread | Dutch photographers Anuschka Blommers and Niels Schumm depict the best of both sexes in today’s exclusive series taken from the third issue of Baron magazine. … Continue reading →
©ourtesy of wetheurban Italian artist Alessandro Diddi makes clever anamorphic pencil drawings that, when viewed from a particular angle, appear to pop out of the page in three dimensions.
©ourtesy of Wikipedia | Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great … Continue reading →
- New! - Skiathos PanoramaLive webcam in Skiathos, Agioi Anargyroi at Pizza Panorama Restaurant. Altitude 290m. The camera is looking south-east, towards Skopelos. See it Live!
- New! - Izmir Saat KulesiAerial webcam of the Izmir Clock Tower, with views of the city center, as well as the harbor in the distance. See it Live!
- New! - Skiathos Panorama
Search, Add Site, SEO
- 4th JulyJuly 4th, 2014Holiday Time
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 47,899 hits
Tag Archives: Games
©ourtesy of wheelsupinthirty and stayoverthere
Here are what the cans for six brands of soda have looked like over the last 50 years.
Visit boldpost for some discussion and analysis of each…!
©ourtesy of Ginger Cayote on FB
Coincidence or Fate ?
Curious isn’t it? Mitt Romney (Herman Monster) and Paul Ryan (Eddie Monster), just a couple of guys up to NO GOOD
” ‘ They’re creepy and they’re kooky/mysterious and spooky/they’re altogether ooky…’ ” so applicable here.
- A Strange Time to Tie Your Candidacy to a Very Unpopular Congress (elections.firedoglake.com)
- Which Celebrity Do You Resemble Most? (bellasugar.com)
©ourtesy of stayoverthere reblogged jess0so:
- Tips To Survive The Coming Zombie Apocalypse Part 2 (deadmanstales.wordpress.com)
©ourtesy of sillyhoesmoneysforpimps reblogged stayfly69:
...Sometimes it’s just a good idea to leave the kiddies at home. After all, this one’s had just about enough of ‘grandpa’s’ antics. And of all days to have forgotten his taser!
- Looks like ‘Carrot Top’ has found ‘Joan Rivers’ surgeon ..! YIKES SS. (fernexpress.wordpress.com)
- Visible Scars Appear Online (dreadcentral.com)
©ourtesy of I Make No Sense?
Today was strange, my thoughts in range, I made a choice, life rolled the dice, I worked till six, fate thought to mix, I see things twice, was that the mice? From start to end, the mood is fend, I play the part, of life in art, The walk to work, a chance to change, What fish to dish, my wish to mash. The face you see, is not your own, The friends around, and all the same, The calls you get, and planned to let, You feel alive, is this your vibe? You sound the horn, to show you’re torn, You look with … Read more
Definition: Pretty is used as an adverb with the meaning ‘fairly, moderately’, as in The performance was pretty good / He did pretty much as he liked. The adverb corresponding to the usual meaning of pretty is prettily: She always dresses so prettily, kinda? So you see Darling, being ‘Pretty” really has nothing to do with the way you Look physically. You know, like in the use of the word ‘Beautiful’, okay. People are always telling you you’re ‘pretty’ ’cause they’re just being very sarcastic and insulting. Pity, cause You are really so ‘moderate’.
- Dear Abby: Kiss My Butt (havecoffeewillwrite.wordpress.com)
And, Who Really gives a Shit…?
As far as sporting events go, March Madness may very well be the best. … ahhh? Nobody’s four year old kid gives a shit about March Madness. Let’s just get pissy drunk and tick a whole bunch-a-dicks off! How’s that for “March Madness”.
- March Madness 2011: Likeliest Upsets and the Biggest Questions in the Southwest (bleacherreport.com)
- March Madness 2011 Cheat Sheet: How To Fill Out Your NCAA Bracket (nowpublic.com)