Workbook’s Creative Carnival party took place Thursday night, and the event was an outrageous, smashing success. With the outstanding mid-town Art Directors Club as the venue, The more than fifty photographers and illustrators took center stage to create their impressions of the Carnival scene. Twenty-five Workbook illustrators sketched what they saw, and at least as many Workbook photographers shot the scene: a contortionist, freak show, lion tamer, and burlesque performers. How about drag queens serving incredible libations and hors de oeuvres? Creative Carnival was not your average cocktail party by any means. Workbook kicked off Halloween weekend with a unique vibe that created a night no attendee will forget anytime soon. Nothing was too strange, too abstract or too risque, and an anything-goes mood defined the evening. Perhaps the most spectacular piece of art on display at the event was created by legendary 3D chalk artist, Tracy Lee Stum. A life-size lion rose seamlessly from the floor to the ceiling, and attendees were eager to assume a role and be photographed taming the king of the jungle with a whip included to complete the look of Indiana Jones. – – more here
- The Navy SEAL Who Wrote The Book About The Bin Laden Raid Is Under Criminal Investigation October 31, 2014The ex-Navy SEAL who wrote the best-selling memoir "No Easy Day" that provided a first-hand account of the raid resulting in the death of Osama bin Laden is under a Justice Department criminal investigation for possibly leaking classified material. Though Matt Bissonnette's 2012 book initially got him in hot water since he failed to submit the […]
- Myanmar president opens unprecedented talks with Suu Kyi, army October 31, 2014Naypyidaw (Myanmar) (AFP) - Myanmar President Thein Sein opened unprecedented talks with army top brass and political rivals including Aung San Suu Kyi in the capital Naypyidaw on Friday ahead of crucial elections next year.Thein Sein and Suu Kyi walked into the meeting together to begin talks that are the first of their kind in the country as it moves to em […]
- The Navy SEAL Who Wrote The Book About The Bin Laden Raid Is Under Criminal Investigation October 31, 2014
- Academy Award africa andy warhol art artist Arts Arts and Entertainment Asia Barack Obama Business California China Christianity Christmas cinema Collecting culture drawing Earth Facebook Fashion film Fine Art Games Gay Lesbian and Bisexual God Halloween Health History Holiday Holidays Hollywood Home illustration Italy Japan Jesus Justin Bieber Lady Gaga LGBT Literature London Los Angeles Maya Angelou movies Music New Year New York New York City Obama painting Paris Paul McCartney People Photographer Photographers photography poster Pulp Fiction Recreation Red Carpet Religion and Spirituality San Francisco Science Fiction Shopping Substance Abuse Surgery Technology Transgender Twitter United States Video Games Visual Arts Women World War II
- Henry Winkler (69)In 1945, Henry Winkler was born on this date in New York City, New York, USA
- Charles Fox (74)In 1940, Charles Fox was born on this date in New York City, New York, USA
- Joe Berlinger (53)In 1961, Joe Berlinger was born on this date in Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
- Louis MalleIn 1932, Louis Malle was born on this date in Thumeries, Nord, France.
- Henry Winkler (69)
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Burkina Faso leader 'to stay on' October 31, 2014Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaore says he will stay in power for a year under a transitional government, despite violent protests.
- Russia and Ukraine agree gas deal October 31, 2014Russia will resume gas deliveries to Ukraine this winter in a deal brokered by the European Union, which will also safeguard supplies to EU countries.
- Charity decries US Ebola quarantine October 31, 2014Charity Doctors Without Borders warns some mandatory US state Ebola quarantine measures are having a "chilling effect" on its work.
- Burkina Faso leader 'to stay on' October 31, 2014
- Museum & Gallery Listings for Oct. 31-Nov. 6 October 30, 2014A selected guide to exhibitions and installations in New York City.
- Art Review: ‘Chris Ofili: Night and Day,’ a Survey at the New Museum October 30, 2014The New Museum show “Chris Ofili: Night and Day” presents six distinct bodies of paintings and drawings, all with blackness as an underlying theme.By ROBERTA SMITH
- Art in Review: ‘Jane Wilson at 90’: ‘East Village/East End’ October 30, 2014“Jane Wilson at 90: East Village/East End” celebrates a painter at home in two worlds.By KAREN ROSENBERG
- Museum & Gallery Listings for Oct. 31-Nov. 6 October 30, 2014
On twitterMy Tweets
Recent Posts: fernexpressblog
©ourtesy of Alexander E.M. Hess and Thomas C. Frohlich (Yahoo) CALIFORNIA: Supplemental poverty rate 2011-2013: 23.4% (the highest)CALIFORNIA HAS: > An Official poverty rate: 16.0% (15th highest) > The State price level: 4th highest > Pct. without health insurance: 17.2% (8th highest) In no state was the gap between the official poverty rate and the […]
©ourtesy of theclothes.blogspot.com Michael always comes home at Halloween !! According to many scholars, All Hallows’ Eve is a Christianized feast initially influenced by Celtic harvest festivals, with possible pagan roots, particularly the Gaelic Samhain. Other scholars maintain that it originated independently of Samhain and has solely Christian root. Typical festive Halloween activities include trick-or-treating […]
©ourtesy of ifyouwanttowinthelottery Just in Time for the Big Day, HALLOWEEN …..yayyyy ! NIGHTCRAWLER is a pulse-pounding thriller set in the nocturnal underbelly of contemporary Los Angeles. Jake Gyllenhaal stars as Lou Bloom, a driven young man desperate for work who discovers the high-speed world of L.A. crime journalism.
©ourtesy of Jessica Roy @ nyMag & Jun Nakayama Subway-Pole-As-Thong Lady [Photo: Dana Rubinstein] | If you’ve got it, flaunt it — just maybe not on the train where people have to put their hands? Barefoot Beer Lady | Few things communicate “IDGAF” better than kicking off your shoes, spreading out on a crowded train, […]
- New! - Gekas Ullared CamsTwo cameras with an aerial view of the Gekas Ullared superstore, located close to Sweden\'s west coast. Founded in 1963, this store has become one of Sweden\'s biggest tourist attractions. See it Live!
- New! - Digne les BainsPan Tilt HD Camera live on Digne les Bains (France). See it Live!
- New! - Gekas Ullared Cams
Search, Add Site, SEO
- HolloweenOctober 31st, 201453 minutes to go.
- Follow fernexpressblog on WordPress.com
- 48,629 hits